Active Working Groups
Collaborative efforts to improve subjective video quality test methods.
- Audiovisual HD (AVHD)
- PsyPhyQA (Psycho-Physiological Quality Assessment)
- Quality Assessment for Heath applications (QAH)
- Statistical Analysis Methods (SAM)
Developing and validating objective video quality metrics.
- Audiovisual HD (AVHD)
- Computer Generated Imagery (CGI)
- No Reference Metrics (NORM)
- Implementer's Guide for Video Quality Metrics (IGVQM)
- Quality Assessment for Computer Vision Applications (QACoViA)
Industry and Applications
Seeking improved understanding of new video technologies and applications.
Support and Outreach
Support for VQEG's activities.
- Human Factors for Visual Experiences (HFVE)
- Joint Effort Group (JEG)
- Joint Qualinet-VQEG team on Immersive Media
- Tools and Subjective Labs Setup
- Video Archives Support
- VQEG Administration and Web Support
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Completed Validation Tests
- FRTV Phase I - completed June, 2000
- FRTV Phase II - completed August 25, 2003
- Multimedia Phase I - completed September 12, 2008
- RRNR-TV - completed June 22, 2009
- HDTV Phase I - completed June 30, 2010
- Hybrid Perceptual/Bitstream - completed September 12, 2014
- AVHD-AS / P.NATS Phase 2 - completed January 2020
Completed Joint Efforts
- Audiovisual Quality Integration (AVHD-AV) - completed in 2012 by concluding that "audio-only MOS × video-only MOS = audio-visual MOS"
- HDTV Phase II and Multimedia Phase II were merged to create Audiovisaul HD in December, 2012.
- 3DTV was closed March 2016, and the remaining 3DTV projects moved into the new Immersive Media Group.
- VLQA (Visually Lossless Quality Analysis) was closed November 2017.
- VIME (Video and Image Models for consumer content Evaluation) was closed November 2017 and replaced with the No Reference Metric (NORM) working group.
- MOAVI (Monitoring of Audio Visual Quality by Key Indicators) was closed January 2018. Work continues in the No Reference Metric (NORM) working group.
- QART (Quality Assessment for Recognition Tasks) was closed November 2017. Work continues in the new No Reference Metric Group.
- Ultra HD was closed March 2018. Work continues in other VQEG working groups, since 4K monitors are widely available.
- HDR/WCG (High Dynamic Range Video / Wide Color Gamut) was closed March 2018. Work continues in other VQEG working groups.
- Independent Lab Group (ILG) - the ILG was closed due to the lack of need for independent oversight of VQEG validation efforts